This portal is to open public enhancement requests against IBM Power Systems products, including IBM i. To view all of your ideas submitted to IBM, create and manage groups of Ideas, or create an idea explicitly set to be either visible by all (public) or visible only to you and IBM (private), use the IBM Unified Ideas Portal (https://ideas.ibm.com).
Shape the future of IBM!
We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Search existing ideas
Start by searching and reviewing ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted, and add a comment, vote, or subscribe to updateson them if they matter to you. If you can't find what you are looking for,
Post your ideas
Post an idea.
Get feedback from the IBM team and other customers to refine your idea.
Follow the idea through the IBM Ideas process.
Specific links you will want to bookmark for future use
About the product I would like PowerSC to not require periodic restarts. If periodic restarts are required, please provide examples of cron settings in the documentation.
About the introduction document We would like the "Configuring IBM PowerSC MFA on IBM i" (page 57) to be substantially revised.
1. the MFAAGENT user with the role of 'MFA Password-Changer' Since the demand is to create an MFAAGENT user using ssh to Explain that the MFAAGENT user will be able to connect to the connection without power.
2. explain that MFAAGENT must have special privileges (*SECADM and *SECADM) in most cases in order to fulfill its role. Explain that (*SECADM and *ALLOBJ) are required.
3. explain that for ssh connections, each user's home directory must have the ownership rights and attributes required by ssh. Ownership rights and attributes required by ssh in the directory, as well as and attributes required by ssh in the authorized_keys file. Provide an example.
4. 'Time-based One Time Password (TOTP)' for 'Authentication methods' for each user for each user, please explain that in the case of Google Authnticator, the 'Digest Algorithm:' must be set to SHA1.
5. Please explain the need for time synchronization and periodic log deletion for smooth operation.
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.