This portal is to open public enhancement requests against IBM Power Systems products, including IBM i. To view all of your ideas submitted to IBM, create and manage groups of Ideas, or create an idea explicitly set to be either visible by all (public) or visible only to you and IBM (private), use the IBM Unified Ideas Portal (https://ideas.ibm.com).
We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Start by searching and reviewing ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted, and add a comment, vote, or subscribe to updates on them if they matter to you. If you can't find what you are looking for,
Post an idea.
Get feedback from the IBM team and other customers to refine your idea.
Follow the idea through the IBM Ideas process.
Welcome to the IBM Ideas Portal (https://www.ibm.com/ideas) - Use this site to find out additional information and details about the IBM Ideas process and statuses.
IBM Unified Ideas Portal (https://ideas.ibm.com) - Use this site to view all of your ideas, create new ideas for any IBM product, or search for ideas across all of IBM.
email@example.com - Use this email to suggest enhancements to the Ideas process or request help from IBM for submitting your Ideas.
.The problem can be circumvented as follows:
1. Create a new profile that is not an all resource profile. For simplicity, you can just use the HMC defaults as the values will be overridden.
2. Activate the partition with the full resource profile to at least SMS and then power off.
3. Change the default profile to the new profile.
4. Use the chhwres HMC CLI command to remove the IFL cores.
5. Delete the all resource profile.
6. Save the current configuration and select the option to overwrite the new profile. This will create a profile that is not a full resource profile that can be changed at anytime.
Attachment (Description): CLI review of commands attempted, approaches, failures and requested behavior.