This portal is to open public enhancement requests against IBM Power Systems products, including IBM i. To view all of your ideas submitted to IBM, create and manage groups of Ideas, or create an idea explicitly set to be either visible by all (public) or visible only to you and IBM (private), use the IBM Unified Ideas Portal (https://ideas.ibm.com).
Shape the future of IBM!
We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Search existing ideas
Start by searching and reviewing ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted, and add a comment, vote, or subscribe to updateson them if they matter to you. If you can't find what you are looking for,
Post your ideas
Post an idea.
Get feedback from the IBM team and other customers to refine your idea.
Follow the idea through the IBM Ideas process.
Specific links you will want to bookmark for future use
Allow IBM Web Administration to create two IAS Servers with the same port block.
The IBM i Web Administration GUI (HTTPAdmin) currently restricts the ability to create more than one server that shares a port in use by another server (HTTP, IAS, Web Services, Websphere).
If one was to try to create a WSERVICE1 server that listens on port 10000, and another server is configured to use that port, the wizard would error that the port is already configured (Not necessarily in use, just configured)
This is undesirable behavior on these points:
1. Many times it is not obvious WHICH other server currently is configured to use that port. It could be a command port, or some other port that is not shown in the GUI.
2. The error it throws does not indicate which other server is in conflict. This requires an HTTPAdmin GUI trace to debug and requires a call to support
3. The user community frequently has needs to have multiple servers utilizing the same ports. They know they can't both be active at the same time.
4. HTTPAdmin HTTP Wizard allows creation of multiple HTTP servers to use the same ports.
5. It is MUCH easier to debug port conflict when another server is actively listening on the port, than debugging which server (which may have not been used in 10 years) is configured to use that conflicting port.
6. Difficult to manually change the ports in the IAS config files as a work around.
Customer has a SERVER1 currently configured with an application ABC that listens on port block 10000. Their application requires this port block as well as test harness.
They create another server (SERVER2) that has a new version of the application, or some different JVM settings (JDBC, memory pool, etc) that they would like to test. They simply end SERVER1 and Start SERVER2.
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.